Manager HR Personnel & IR is responsible for maintaining over all industrial peace and harmony & productivity, enhance employee participation, maintain effective employee relations, settlement of industrial disputes and statutory compliance, settlement of long / short term agreements with the unions, employee development through need based training & developmental programmes, liaison with Government and other external agencies in accordance with the policies and practices of the Organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for optimum utilization of available Human Asset to sustain and improve productivity and also to create a culture of engagement that ensures harmonious Industrial Relations and prevention of loss of production in the Plant.
- Conceptualize, formulate and implement HR policies in accordance to the Group HR Guidelines.
- Adopt best practices in HR and Benchmarking initiatives across departments.
- Orient Union and general workforce towards productivity.
- Networking with Govt and statutory bodies to ensure smooth running of operations in the factory.
- Implementing Long term Wage settlement of Blue Collar Employees.
- Implementing Productivity Linked Incentive for Blue collar employees.
- Preparation and introduction and development of Competence Matrix for assessment of Blue collar employees.
- To represent the management on statutory matters relating to applicable Labour Laws before the concerned authorities as and when required.
- Ensures Compliance to all statutory requirements as per law
- Initiates disciplinary action in case of violation of certified standing orders as per the laid down policy
- Reviews training initiatives and skill development programmes
- Recruitment and manpower planning as per budgets and forecasts
- Optimize deployment of manpower to minimize labour costs as part of Turnover
- Ensure all statutory compliances to avoid penalties or any financial sanctions
- Monitoring Accidents and Sickness rates to reduce lost hours
- Handle long term settlements and union negotiations
- Develop mechanisms for building and developing competencies.
- Develop productivity improvement measures to achieve business needs
- Compliance to health, safety and environment
- Individual interfacing with all blue collar and white collar employees for all developmental initiatives
- Organize leadership development programmes to empower and motivate employees
- Formalize Rewards and Recognition programmes from time to time to celebrate achievements
- Interfacing with Management and Heads of Department for implementing HR, IR & Admin policies & procedures in line with core organizational objectives
- Learning & Development - Coordinating with the Internal & External trainers for training and development activities in the areas of soft skills, GMP
Desired Candidate Profile
- Minimally 10- 15 years of progressive experience in HR Generalist / Personnel/Industrial Relations profile
- Strong hold on legal matters pertaining to labour and EHS
- MBA in HR
- A Degree in Law(LLB) is desirable
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Senior Management
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:LLB in Any Specialization
PG:MBA/PGDM in HR/Industrial Relations
Berger Paints India Ltd.
Contact Company:Berger Paints India Ltd.